I am often asked what constitutes the perfect closet. While I am far too undisciplined about shopping (so much to love!) to have a capsule wardrobe --I do practice the foundational basics so everything else is CREAM. Here it goes...and yes you're welcome.
Capsule Wardrobe: The Basics
- The perfect white t-shirt.
- A cashmere sweater.
- A cotton shirt.
- A silk or lace evening shirt.
- A pencil skirt (one that fits your style and hugs your frame).
- A classic black suit.
- Boyfriend jeans (blue and worn in).
- Skinny black/dark gray jeans.
- A leather jacket.
- A classic wool coat.
- Perfect black pumps.
- Classic trainers.
- Black boots (booties or knee high).
- A statement shoe.
- Brown wedge sandals.
- Nude pump.
- Flat metallic sandals.
- Black ballet flats.
- Stiletto sandal.
- Flat riding boots.
The Shopping Rules (when your closet is bursting)
- an’t live without this.
- This goes with everything
- I would wear this until it falls apart.
- This will last forever or at the very least for a very long time.